Sunyata Index du Forum
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

FORUM TIBET 
Dalai Lama says he must remain neutral on self-immolations

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Sunyata Index du Forum -> Sunyata -> DALAI LAMA
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sunyata

MessagePosté le: Lun 9 Juil - 18:08 (2012)    Sujet du message: Dalai Lama says he must remain neutral on self-immolations Répondre en citant

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/09/dalai-lama-neutral-on-self-immolations

Tibetan spiritual leader says he does not wish to upset families of the dead or offer political opportunity to China

The Dalai Lama has said he cannot be negative about the spate of self-immolations by Tibetans in China because it would hurt their families.

The exiled spiritual leader said it was best for him to remain neutral on a "very, very delicate political issue".

Around 40 Tibetans, many of them monks or former members of the clergy, have set themselves on fire over the last year and a half, triggering a security clampdown.

"Now, the reality is that if I say something positive, then the Chinese immediately blame me," he told The Hindu newspaper.

"If I say something negative, then the family members of those people feel very sad. They sacrificed their ... life. It is not easy. So I do not want to create some kind of impression that this is wrong."

China has accused the Dalai Lama of inciting the self-immolations, while he has blamed Chinese policies.

Although he has expressed deep sorrow at the deaths and injuries of those involved, he has stopped short of asking Tibetans not to set fire to themselves – as another senior Buddhist figure, the Karmapa, did last year.

The Karmapa, who some see as a potential successor to the Dalai Lama as Tibetan spiritual leader, praised the "pure motivation" and bravery of those involved, but added: "I request the people of Tibet to preserve their lives and find other, constructive ways to work for the cause of Tibet."

Tsering Woeser, an outspoken Tibetan poet and writer who lives in Beijing, has also called for an end to self-immolations, saying it does not help the cause of Tibetan rights.
_____
Dans la plupart des pays, les citoyens possèdent la liberté de parole. Mais dans une démocratie, ils possèdent encore la liberté après avoir parlé.
André Guillois

Sunyata
http://sunyat.free.fr

Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 9 Juil - 18:08 (2012)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Sunyata Index du Forum -> Sunyata -> DALAI LAMA Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation