Sunyata Index du Forum
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

FORUM TIBET 
Inaugural Speech of Sikyong Dr Lobsang Sangay

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Sunyata Index du Forum -> Sunyata -> TIBET
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sunyata

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Mai - 13:05 (2016)    Sujet du message: Inaugural Speech of Sikyong Dr Lobsang Sangay Répondre en citant

http://tibet.net/2016/05/inaugural-speech-of-sikyong-dr-lobsang-sangay/

Today, on this occasion of my swearing-in for the second term of Sikyong, we are all blessed with the presence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama gracing the ceremony as the Chief Guest. With many prostrations, I express my eternal gratitude to His Holiness the Dalai Lama for accepting our humble request. His Holiness has assured us of his long and healthy life. The Kashag pledges to strive fully in realizing the aspirations of the Tibetan people in his lifetime.

Similarly, I would also like to thank all Tibetans in exile for giving me the opportunity to serve for a second term. I swear to serve to my fullest capacity with all sincerity. All Tibetans irrespective of provincial, regional or religious biases share the same aspiration. With this spirit of our oneness as brothers and sisters, I hope that Tibetans in and outside Tibet will continue to extend their support and solidarity in my effort.

In the recent election of the Sikyong and Chithue, there have been a series of unfortunate events that went counter to the Tibetan tradition of humility and good conduct. This has greatly saddened and disappointed His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We ceaselessly beg His Holiness the Dalai Lama for his forgiveness. We all firmly pledge not to repeat these misconduct in future. Likewise, I strongly urge all Tibetans to avoid divisive affiliations and stand strong in unity and harmony. Also efforts will be made to reform the rules and regulations related to election in consultations with the Election Commission of the Central Tibetan Administration.

I sincerely appreciate and express my gratitude to my colleagues in the 14th Kashag who had collectively worked with full dedication. Similarly, I also thank all the civil servants who are responsible for daily administrative work of the Central Tibetan Administration.

The coming 15th Kashag will continue the many tasks started by the 14th Kashag based on the founding principles of Unity, Innovation and Self-reliance. Efforts will be made to introduce new projects wherever and whenever necessary in order to improve political and administrative efficiency.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama has recently pointed out the weaknesses in providing welfare and preventive healthcare to poor Tibetans in our exile community. Two committees have been set up to find out the root causes for these setbacks and come up with effective courses of action for the future.
Our society has seen that a small section of Tibetans propitiating Dholgyal, used by outside forces, had misused the name of religion and made baseless allegations against His Holiness the Dalai Lama. The 15th Kashag will not hesitate to confront such behavior.

The Middle Way Policy as envisioned by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and adopted unanimously as a policy by the Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile will continue to be the official policy. We are committed to make efforts towards the holding of talks between the envoys of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the representatives of the Chinese government and resolve the issue of Tibet peacefully during His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s lifetime.

Supreme sacrifices have been made by Tibetan brothers and sisters for the cause of Tibet. Since 2009, 144 Tibetans had self-immolated. Their sacrifices will not go in vain. I stand in solidarity with and express my sincere appreciation for the patriotic fervour that continues to burn in Tibet in all Tibetan hearts particularly the monastics, the scholars and writers, the teachers and students, the singers, the farmers and the nomads. In order to exercise the right to administer internal affairs and be the masters of our own areas, I urge the youths in Tibet to put maximum efforts in their studies.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama has time and again advised us to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Therefore, I had proposed the strategy of five-fifty. In the next five years, it is clear that we must put maximum efforts in achieving genuine autonomy for all Tibetans based on the Middle Way Approach. However, in case, we have to continue our struggle for many years, we need to strategize in order to strengthen and sustain our cause for the next 50 years. We have to protect and preserve our unique Tibetan identity and tradition. We need to build self-reliance in the Tibetan world, in both education and economy. Five-Fifty is a strategy for success. In five years we can achieve genuine autonomy or in the next fifty years China will gradually change for the better. Either way we will gain basic freedom.

I deeply thank the Government and people of India for providing generous help and assistance to the Tibetan people during a most critical time. Similarly, I express sincere gratitude to the governments, the parliamentarians, the organisations and the individuals who have stood with Tibet. The issue of Tibet is not only an issue for the six million Tibetans, but a cause that stands for justice and peace. I therefore hope that you will continue your support for the cause of Tibet all the way to its successful resolution.

For our compatriots in Tibet, we are with you and we will meet soon.
Finally, I pray for the long life of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the immediate resolution of the issue of Tibet. May all his wishes be fulfilled. Above all, may the day for the union of Tibetans inside and outside Tibet come soon.

SIKYONG

May 27, 2016
Note: This is a translation of the Tibetan statement. Should any discrepancies arise, please treat the Tibetan version as final and authoritative.
_____
Dans la plupart des pays, les citoyens possèdent la liberté de parole. Mais dans une démocratie, ils possèdent encore la liberté après avoir parlé.
André Guillois

Sunyata
http://sunyat.free.fr

Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Mai - 13:05 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Sunyata Index du Forum -> Sunyata -> TIBET Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation